FDA Foundation Emergency Disaster Grant Program
The Florida Dental Association Foundation has resources available for Florida dentists who have been impacted by a natural disaster. Emergency disaster grants for immediate personal needs such as food, water, clothing, emergency shelter, medications, etc. are available through the FDA Foundation’s Disaster Fund.
Please note that the FDA Foundation Emergency Disaster Grant is not currently accepting applications. The form will re-open in the event of a disaster.
To apply: Grant amounts are determined based on completion of an application and available funds. You may access the FDA Foundation Emergency Disaster Grant Application here.
Grant Awards: FDA Foundation grants up to $2,000 per dentist are available.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact R. Jai Gillum at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.877.9922.
In addition to the Emergency Disaster Assistance Grants provided by the FDA Foundation, here are additional resources that you may find helpful.
- Claims phone numbers: fdaservices.com/billings-and-claims
- Federal Emergency Management (FEMA) resources and information is available at fema.gov.
- When activated, the Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program can provide short-term, interest-free loans up to $50,000 to small business owners located in designated disaster areas that experienced physical and/or economic damage as a result of a natural disaster. Please visit floridadisasterloan.org for more information on eligibility requirements and application instructions.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) provides disaster loans and business counseling for people and business affected by a natural disaster. Learn more about what you can use an SBA disaster loan, which Florida counties are eligible and how to apply at sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance.
- For information on federal disaster unemployment assistance for workers and the self-employed affected by a natural disaster, please visit floridajobs.org or call 800.385.3920.
- File for D-SNAP (Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) to receive short-term food assistance benefits from the USDA Food and Nutrition Service. ANYONE in the affected areas is eligible, and you can use the money you save on food to replace clothes and other necessities. Visit disasterassistance.gov/get-assistance/forms-of-assistance/5769 or call 866.762.2237 for more information.
Call your bill collectors and notify them that you are in the affected disaster area. Most will delay your bill due dates for a month or two. This includes your personal and business creditors (mortgage company, cable, electricity, water, phone, credit card companies, etc.).
To apply for the FDA Foundation Emergency Disaster Grant, click the button below.