Thank You for Your Interest in Volunteering
for the 2018 FLA-MOM in Fort Myers!
Please read the following information carefully so that your registration will be accurate and complete.
- Volunteer registrations must be submitted by February 21, 2018 so that we can ensure all positions are filled, clinicians are properly vetted, and to provide a badge and T-shirt for you.
- Dentists and hygienists must have all relevant licenses issued by Florida’s appropriate licensing authority in order to provide treatment services to FLA-MOM patients.
- Out-of-State dentists must register by January 2, 2018 in order to allow time for your credentials to be reviewed.
- Due to liability reasons, all volunteers on or off the clinic floor must be at least 18 years old at the FLA-MOM.
- Please use your preferred name and email address when completing the volunteer registration. All volunteer instructions regarding the 2018 FLA-MOM will be communicated via email, so each registrant must have a unique email address. Your name will appear on your name badge as you have entered it at registration.
- You can choose your volunteer position. Each day is divided into AM and PM shifts. You may sign up for both shifts, and you may switch jobs or stick with the same position. Please select a position you will be comfortable performing for six to seven hours.
- Each shift has a maximum number of slots, which will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Because specialists are limited to practice in their specialty, we ask that general dentists consider signing up for shifts like restorative, triage, etc. If you prefer to only do extractions, keep in mind that you will only do oral surgery for the entire shift.
- Shift times are firm. Every volunteer must check-in at Volunteer Registration to pick up your t-shirt and name badge before volunteering. Additionally, you attend a general orientation and job-specific training (orientations have been built in to shift times). If your plans change, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so we can offer the slot to another volunteer.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided on site each day. Breaks may be taken as needed.
- Please note that continuing education is only awarded for clinical shifts. Following the event, clinical volunteers will receive an email with their service hours to self-report hours. Non-clinical volunteers may receive proof of service hours upon request.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your registration is complete. If you need to edit your registration, please refer to your confirmation email, and click the "Edit My Registration" link. Please be careful not to create a duplicate registration.
Please check www.flamom.org if you have general questions. If you need help registering or have specific questions, please send an email to email@example.com.
Again, thank you for volunteering! Florida Mission of Mercy is an essential community project that serves thousands of people in need in our community, and we cannot do it without your help. We appreciate you so much!
Dr. Chris Bulnes & Dr. Oscar Menendez
2018 FLA-MOM Co-chairs
Clicking here will open a new window and take you to the FLA-MOM registration system.