Thank You for Your Interest in Volunteering
for the 2018 FLA-MOM in Fort Myers!
Please read the following information carefully so that your registration will be accurate and complete.
- Volunteer registrations must be submitted by Feb. 2, 2018 so that we can ensure all positions are filled, clinicians are properly vetted, and to provide a badge and T-shirt for you.
- Dentists and hygienists must have all relevant licenses issued by Florida’s appropriate licensing authority in order to provide treatment services to FLA-MOM patients. Out-of-State dentists must register before Jan. 2nd, 2018 in order to allow time for their credentials to be reviewed by the Board of Dentistry.
- Due to liability reasons, all volunteers on or off the clinic floor must be at least 18 years old at the FLA-MOM.
- Be sure that your email address is accurate, as this is how you will receive all communication regarding the 2018 FLA-MOM. Each registrant must have a unique email address. Your name will appear on your name badge as you have entered it at registration.
- You can choose your volunteer position. These preferences will be followed as closely as possible. If you want to work with someone, just sign up for the same shift. Each day is divided into AM and PM shifts. You may sign up for both shifts and may switch jobs or stick with the same position. Pick a position you will be comfortable performing for six to seven hours.
- Each shift has a maximum number of spaces, which will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Because specialists are limited to practice in their specialty, if you are a general dentist, please consider this if you sign up for an endodontic, surgical or pediatric shift. Dentists also are needed for restorative, triage, etc. If you prefer to only do extractions, keep in mind that you will be doing only oral surgery for the entire shift. You are welcome to sign up for more than one shift, of course.
- Shift times are firm. Every volunteer will need to pick up their T-shirt and name badge before they begin volunteering. Additionally, they will need to go through 15 minutes of general orientation and approximately 30 minutes for job-specific training (orientations have been built in to shift times). For this reason, we ask that you please plan to be there on time for each shift you select. If your plans change, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org so we can offer the slot to another volunteer.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided on site each day. Breaks may be taken as needed. The clinic closes at 6 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.
- Please note continuing education is only awarded for clinical shifts. Non-clinical volunteers may receive proof of service hours upon request.
- When you have finished your registration, you will be taken to a “Thank you for registering” page and will receive a confirmation email. Once you receive this information, your registration is complete. If you need to edit your registration, please refer to your confirmation email, and click the Edit My Registration link. Please be careful not to create a duplicate registration.
Please check www.flamom.org if you have general questions. If you need help registering or have specific questions, please send an email to email@example.com.
Again, thank you for volunteering! This is a huge project to serve those in need in our community and we cannot do it without your help. We appreciate you so much!
Drs. Chris Bulnes and Oscar Menendez, 2018 FLA-MOM Co-chairs
Clicking here will open a new window and take you to the FLA-MOM registration system.