Floridadental.org is a dynamic Web site, and changes are made regularly. All information is current as of its first appearance on this site or when last modified.
Unless otherwise indicated, all items on floridadental.org are protected by copyright of the Florida Dental Association ("FDA"). This copyright extends to text and graphics, the selection, arrangement and presentation of all materials, and the overall design of the site. Reproduction or republication is strictly prohibited without prior written permission, unless and to the extent specific items posted on floridadental.org indicate otherwise.
is a registered trademark of the Florida Dental Association and floridadental.org is a service mark of the Florida Dental Association. Reproduction or republication of these marks is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.
Links may be made to floridadental.org provided the links do not use the trademarks or service marks of the Florida Dental Association or its affiliated entities. Links to floridadental.org may not suggest or imply that FDA or its affiliates endorse or support the linking site, its sponsors and/or its advertisers, unless prior written permission to indicate any such endorsement or support has been granted. Framing of floridadental.org or any of its content is strictly prohibited.
Floridadental.org is provided “as is.” Neither the FDA nor its affiliated entities make any representations or warranties, of any kind or any nature, whether express or implied, created by law, contract or otherwise, including, without limitation, any representations or warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement.
In no event shall FDA or its affiliated entities be liable for any damages of any kind or nature, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, special, consequential or incidental damages or loss of profits arising from, or in connection with, the existence, operation, or use of or reliance on this site, regardless of whether FDA has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The material contained on floridadental.org is offered as information only and not as practice, financial, accounting, legal or other professional advice. Users need to consult their own professional advisors for such advice.
Information on floridadental.org that may relate to the clinical care of patients is not intended to be, and should not be construed as, a substitute for the individual judgment brought to each clinical situation by the patient's dentist.
The FDA does not necessarily endorse the non-FDA resources that may appear or otherwise be referenced on floridadental.org, and makes no representation or warranties about the products or services they may provide.
Some portions of floridadental.org are published by separate organizations or entities, such as ADA Business Enterprises, Inc.; those entities are solely responsible for their own content. Statements appearing in those portions of floridadental.org are not necessarily endorsed by the Florida Dental Association or any of its subsidiaries, councils, commissions or agencies.
By linking or permitting linking to other Web sites, the FDA does not endorse the policies or practices of, or opinions expressed on, those sites, nor does the FDA make any representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy of any items or claims contained therein.
Business decisions, including decisions about method of practice, are personal choices to be made by individual dentists. The FDA does not, via floridadental.org or otherwise, encourage dentists to make any particular business decision on issues addressed herein, including with respect to whether and how to participate in managed care plans. Moreover, the FDA discourages dentists from taking any unlawful collective action, including but not limited to price fixing or boycotts.
Pursuant to the Digital Millenium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), if you believe any content appearing on floridadental.org may infringe your copyright please send a written notification via email or post to the FDA’s Legal Counsel:
Florida Dental Association
Attn: Legal Counsel
545 John Knox Rd Ste 200
Tallahassee, FL 32303
In order to be effective, the notice must substantially include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or alleged to be the subject of infringing activity and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material. Providing URLs in the body of an email is the best way to help us locate content quickly;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and,
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please also note that the information provided in this legal notice may be forwarded to the person who provided the allegedly infringing content.
We may give notice to our users and content contributors by means of a general notice or via electronic mail. If you receive such a notice concerning a copyright issue you may provide counter-notification in writing to the FDA Legal Counsel that includes the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good-faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the FDA may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.